Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this in a cookbook called Heavenly Delights by Angel Medical Center's "Relay for Life" Team
- 236.59 ml margarine or 236.59 ml butter
- 473.18 ml sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml mustard powder
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml crispy rice cereal
- Cream butter and cheese.
- Add salt, mustard, and pepper.
- Add flour a little at a time, then rice cereal.
- Form into small balls and flatten.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
Sorry - but not impressed. I expected something like a cheez-it but the texture wasn't pleasing - especially to kids and the flavor was a bit warming but not much cheese at all. Admittingly, I think I also made them too big - about the size of a quarter and then flattened them.
When I made these the first time I was so disappointed but hate to waste food so I let them sit for a day or 2 in a ziplock in the fridge. Then I tried them on the side of a white bean chicken chili. WOW!!! Perfect!!The flavor just needed to develop!
The recipe was longer than 10 minutes prep and yields about 70 pennies. It would have been helpful to know whether to grease cookies sheets or not. Hard to handle dough because of flour and cheese mixed with the butter. Worth the effort. Only cooked half of the recipe because of time constrants, but have half in refrig to make again.