Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I'm assuming 'chart house' is a restaurant. he-he I just found this recipe in my box and thought it looked pretty good.
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (scant)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups mayonnaise
- 4 ounces danish blue cheese, crumbled
- In a mixer bowl, blend sour cream, mustard, pepper, salt, garlic powder, and Worcestershire for 2 minutes at low speed.
- Add mayonnaise. Blend 1/2 minute at low speed and 2 minutes at medium speed.
- By hand, crumble cheese into mixture. Blend at low speed no more than 4 minutes.
- Refrigerate 24 hours before serving.
This was a very good dressing. I tasted it right after mixing and wasn't impressed, but after 24 hours it was most definitely improved. The 24 hour wait time is a must, and worth the wait. And yes, Chart House is a restaurant chain.
I am hard to please when it comes to Blue cheese dressings... This one is very good! Personally I would increase the dry mustard by 1/4 tsp and the cheese by another ounce or two. Overall very nice and is in my cookbooks for the future.
This is the best Blue cheese dressing recipe I have ever made. You don't need to make any adjustments to this recipe either. This is restaurant quality at home! It will keep for weeks in an air tight container.