Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Thickly cut cauliflower slices, roasted, and topped with a tangy olive relish. Perfect side dish. Add beans to the relish for vegetarian meal.
- Remove leaves and trim stem end of cauliflower, leaving core intact. Slice cauliflower into four 1/2" "steaks" from center of cauliflower (some florets will break loose; reserve).
- Finely chop enough loose florets to measure 1/2 cup.
- Transfer chopped florets to a small bowl and mix with olives, sun-dried tomatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, parsley, and lemon juice. Season relish with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Cook cauliflower steaks until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side, adding tablespoon oil to pan between batches.
- Transfer steaks to a large rimmed baking sheet. Reserve skillet. Roast cauliflower until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, return skillet to medium-high heat and add garlic cloves and tomatoes, one cut side down. Cook until tomatoes are browned; turn tomatoes over and transfer skillet to oven with cauliflower. Roast garlic and tomatoes until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer garlic, tomatoes, and 1/2 tablespoon oil to a blender; purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Divide tomato sauce among plates. Place 1 cauliflower steak on each plate; spoon relish over. Serve warm or at room temperature.
I prepared this delicious veg dish!<br/>It was not easy to slice and transfer the cauliflower slices to the skillet and then to the tray, but finally it worked. The topping and the relish are superb as well, they fit perfect with the roasted cauliflour and look preatty.<br/>A really great way to prepare roasted cauliflower, I recommend this dish!