1/1 Photo of Cauliflower "Steaks" With Olive Relish
Thickly cut cauliflower slices, roasted, and topped with a tangy olive relish. Perfect side dish. Add beans to the relish for vegetarian meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove leaves and trim stem end of cauliflower, leaving core intact. Slice cauliflower into four 1/2" "steaks" from center of cauliflower (some florets will break loose; reserve).
- 2Finely chop enough loose florets to measure 1/2 cup.
- 3Transfer chopped florets to a small bowl and mix with olives, sun-dried tomatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, parsley, and lemon juice. Season relish with salt and pepper.
- 4Preheat oven to 400°. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Cook cauliflower steaks until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side, adding tablespoon oil to pan between batches.
- 5Transfer steaks to a large rimmed baking sheet. Reserve skillet. Roast cauliflower until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, return skillet to medium-high heat and add garlic cloves and tomatoes, one cut side down. Cook until tomatoes are browned; turn tomatoes over and transfer skillet to oven with cauliflower. Roast garlic and tomatoes until tender, about 12 minutes.
- 7Transfer garlic, tomatoes, and 1/2 tablespoon oil to a blender; purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Divide tomato sauce among plates. Place 1 cauliflower steak on each plate; spoon relish over. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower "Steaks" With Olive Relish
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.9
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 221.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 4.8 g