Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Southern Living; living in the South, catfish is always plentiful and fresh. My family really likes it prepared this way.
- 158.51 ml fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 1 egg, beaten
- 59.14 ml milk
- 5-6 catfish fillets (2 lb.)
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, melted
- Mix together cheese, flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in large bowl or plastic bag.
- In another bowl, combine egg and milk; stir well.
- Dip fillets in egg mixture; dredge in flour mixture.
- Place fillets in a lightly greased oblong baking dish; drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
A delicious way to cook catfish and made a wonderful family meal. I like recipes that aren't very complicated. This one fits that bill. The baked coating was crisp and had an excellent flavor. Appreciate this quick and easy recipe.
This was fantastic! Had it tonight with green beans. Just used the parm out of the can and it was fine. I had a touch of breading left over, but as I only ended up having 3 huge fillets I'm not complaining. I started this thinking I had 4 of them. The only real change was that I just shaved thin slices of cold butter and put those on top of the fish... this method meant I used only 2 T total. Next time, and there will be a next time, I will try turning on the broiler the last couple of minutes to crisp this up, but really the flavor was great as is. Thanks for a great catfish recipe that even my kids ate... and I haven't been able to say that about the 17 mo in a while.
This is an excellent way to cook catfish. WOW, my family and I realllllly thought this was delicious and I was impressed by how easy it was to make. The fish were tender and flaky while the coating was crisp and well seasoned. Thanks for another great recipe. Keep 'em coming.