Recipe by podapo
I swear to you, this tastes like the Birthday Cake Ice cream at Cold Stone Ice Cream Parlor... my girls love it on angel food cake.
- 236.59-473.18 ml whipping cream
- 510.29 g package cake mix, any flavor (I prefer white)
Directions See How It's Made
- Use 1/2 the cake mix.
- Pour into bowl and with electric beater, mix until most lumps are gone.
- Pour in whipping cream.
- Start with 1 cup, add more as needed.
- This can get very thick fast, so just add more whipping cream until you reach desired spreading consistency.
- This is wonderful on angel food cake.
- Just add sprinkles-- For a great variation-- use chocolate cake mix, mix as directed, stir in mini marshmallows, slivered almonds and chocolate chips for a rocky road frosting.
- better yet, rocky road"mousse" as my girls lovingly refer to it.
- They beg me to make this to eat out of the bowl.