Recipe by Studentchef
A perfect mix of potatoes and broccoli. I used cream of mushroom soup to make a slight change in taste, which amazingly worked well for the recipe.
Top Review by Diana Johnson || EatingRichly.com
This recipe needs a bunch of adjustments, but it'a a great starting point. I used an organic cream of mushroom soup and mixed it with chopped fresh broccoli (not frozen), rather than pouring it on top. This solved the problem of the broccoli not being flavorful, and helped keep it from being mushy. Sprinkled it with cheddar as said in the recipe. I used some really good instant mashed potatoes so it was really fast to make them, then stirred paprika and garlic powder into the potatoes as well as sprinkling a bit on top. This made it really flavorful! The whole family loved this and we ate it as a one pot meal, but it would be a good side for chicken, turkey, or ham as well.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen broccoli
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed mushroom soup
- 6 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes until tender and mash them.
- Cook broccoli until tender.
- Dot casserole dish with butter or mushroom.
- Add broccoli.
- Top the broccoli with the mushroom soup and grated cheese.
- Add the mashed potatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Bake in a 350° F oven for 30 minutes.