Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another one of my Mom's recipes. I can remember Mom making this 40 years ago, but that is only my recollection. This is not a recipe with precise amounts, but "YOU CAN'T GO WRONG". If you like the ingredients in this recipe, then you are going to LOVE the results.
- 1 head broccoli
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 clove of minced garlic, to taste
- parmesan cheese, to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Divide broccoli into flowerets.
- Steam or cook in salted water until almost tender.
- Arrange in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
- Drizzle a little oil over the top of the broccoli.
- Sprinkle a large clove of garlic that has been minced over the top.
- Sprinkle with salt& pepper.
- Beat the 4 eggs with a tablespoon of water.
- Pour over the top of the broccoli.
- Top with some grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees 20 minutes or until tender.
Very nice appearance and texture combination. I'd probably add a few more seasonings next time. After 20 minutes I had to turn the heat up to 400° for another 10 minutes in order to cook the eggs. The casserole was at room temp when I placed it in the oven.
This is a very tasty dish....prepared it exactly as called for, and enjoyed every mouthful! It's a keeper.