Recipe by Snowpeas
A variation on Samantha19f2001's "I hate meatloaf, but...", recipe. I loved hers, but didn't have a use for the extra soup and my husband loves the topping I made. So this recipe combines the best of both for my household.
Top Review by KimmieCat1
This is a great recipe, the sauce topper is excellent! My husband loved the sauce so much, that next time we make it, we are going to double the sauce. Thanks for a fabulous recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2011.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb pork sausage (bulk not links)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn oven on and set at 350 degrees.
- Mix the first 7 ingredients together thoroughly. Using your hands is the best way to get it done. Form meat into a loaf shape and place in a baking dish.
- Place the meatloaf in the oven bake for 60 minutes.
- While meatloaf is in the oven, mix the final 3 ingredients together.
- After the 60 minutes, remove the meatloaf from the oven and spread the ketchup topping over the loaf.
- Place back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Note: Make sure meat is cooked. You don't want to eat rare pork. Also, the meatloaf serves up easiest if you let it rest a few minutes before slicing.