1/2 Photos of Becky's Quick & Easy Special Stove Top Tuna Casserole
A quick, easy one pan meal that won't heat up the kitchen on those hot summer days! Kid friendly, if you omit the capers and use the lemon juice option vs. the wine. We like ours topped with Parmesan cheese at the table. Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces egg noodles, measured dry (or pasta shells)
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or may use cream of celery or cr. of chicken soup)
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 (7 ounce) can albacore tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup milk, scant
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth (or 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons lemon juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon capers (optional)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 -2 hardboiled egg, chopped (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Cook egg noodles in boiling salted water til al dente, drain.
- 2Return noodles to the pan. Stir in the soup, onion, peas, drained tuna, milk, wine or lemon juice, and the pepper.
- 3Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly hot (about 5-10 minutes).
- 4Reduce heat to low and stir in the capers, cheese and the chopped eggs, if using. Continue to stir until cheese is melted and mixture is hot and bubbly.
- 5Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Becky's Quick & Easy Special Stove Top Tuna Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.3
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 70.8 mg
- Sodium 756.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 25.4 g