Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
We have a restaurant that makes super delicious ribs called Bar-B-Barn. This is a recipe as close to theirs as I could get.
Top Review by breezermom
With parboiling the ribs, they were very tender. I decided to bake the ribs because of the amount of sugar in the sauce...I was afraid they would burn on the grill. But I think I missed out on the smokey flavor from grilling outside. The sauce was very sweet, and I chose this recipe because my DS loves sweet barbecue sauce. But he didn't like it...he said it was too sweet. I give this recipe 5 stars for tenderness of the meat, but 3 for taste....way too sweet for someone from "down south"! It's a personal preference, so if you like your ribs sweet, try the recipe....they are very tender! Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag!
- 2 lbs ribs, parboiled
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, mix applesauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and cinnamon.
- Over medium high heat, bring the sauce to the boiling point and continue boiling one to two minutes.
- Place parboiled ribs in an oven-proof dish and brush liberally with the sauce. Bake for 45 minutes at 350° or grill over medium heat till browned.
- Turn ribs and brush underside with remaining sauce. Continue baking for 45 minutes. Serves four.