Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This idea comes from Kraft Food but the recipe is my interpretation of the idea. If you like, fat free milk and sugar free pudding mix can be used to make it a lighter dessert.
- Crush the graham crackers into coarse crumbs, mix in the chopped pecans.
- Place the cold milk in a medium size bowl and sprinkle with pudding; beat with a wire whisk for 2 minutes.
- In 4 wine glasses or parfait glasses, spoon in a couple of tablespoons crumb mixture, top with 4 slices of banana and pudding; repeat layers once.
- Cover each glass with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve, top each with a dallop of whipped topping and 1 additional slice of banana.
- Please note: To keep the banana slices fresh, place them into 2 cups of water that has been mixed with 1 1/2 tablelspoons of lemon juice. Place on paper towels and pat dry.
This is a nice, easy to make and yummy dessert. It is crunchy from the nuts and cookies and also creamy and decadent. I had to use chocolate pudding as that was all I could find, but it paired quite nicely with the banana and we all enjoyed this as a special dessert. However I think this wont become my favourite dessert, somehow I felt something was missing. Cant put my finger on it, though...
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing another lovely recipe with us, Paula.
Made and reviewed for the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #52 May 2011.
Really nice and easy. Great taste too.
I made this for my husband for dessert. I left out the nuts, used vanilla pudding. He loved it! Thanks Paula, for a quick, easy and delicious dessert!