Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A higher-fiber alternative to plain milk, this smoothie doubles as a smart breakfast or a milk shake-like treat. One serving of the smoothie contains 315 milligrams of calcium, roughly the same amount as a glass of milk. Freeze and store extra bananas in zip-top plastic bags so you can whip up this smoothie in a flash.
- 1 cup sliced ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat honey graham crackers, crumbs (about 1/2 cookie sheet)
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ice cubes (about 1/4 cup)
- graham cracker crumbs
- Arrange banana slices in a single layer on a baking sheet, and freeze until firm (about 1 hour).
- Place frozen banana and remaining ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Serve immediately.