Recipe by CookGordon
From Cooking Pleasures magazine. The heat from the pasta helps to melt the cheese and warm the sauce. You can also use a combination of basil and arugula for a tomato caprice taste.
- 2 cups tomatoes, seeded and chopped (2 large)
- 2 cups arugula, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces penne pasta (strozzapreti if available)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sauce: In large bowl, stir together tomatoes, arugula, garlic, mozzarella, salt, pepper and oil. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions; drain. Toss with sauce. Add vinegar; toss.