Recipe by Sharlene~W
Found this years ago in the food section of our local paper (San Jose Mercury News). Very good biscuits.
Top Review by starrynight
These were great. Just like my mom used to make. They were quick and easy to make, and light and fluffy. They have a great flavour that would complement a lot of meals. They're great straight from the oven, with a little bit of butter. So good! I will defintetly make these again. Thanks!
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut with pastry blender until particles are about the size of small peas.
- Pour in milk all at once.
- Stir just until mixture holds together.
- Turn out onto floured work surface and knead lightly 10 to 12 times.
- Roll or pat dough to thickness of 1/2 to 3/4 inch.
- Cut with floured cutter.
- For crustier sides, place biscuits about 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- For softer sides, place biscuits with sides touching or 1/4 inch apart.
- Brush with milk.
- Bake at 425°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.