Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had heard about cauliflower being used as a substitute for potatoes , but had never tried it. I came across it on the low carb cooking, was liked by all.
- 1 head cauliflower (broken into small florets)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 packets sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 3 green onions
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno peppers or 2 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- salt and pepper
- Cook cauliflower in a large pot of boiling water 10 minsutes or until tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar substitute and mustard.
- Add cauliflower, green onions and pepper.
- Mix well until vegetables are evenly coated with dressing.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill 30 mins.
I originally borrowed this recipe from my Daughter-In- Law years ago when she was on an Atkins Diet. I was so pleased to see it here! My mom is now a Type II diabetic. She has to count Carbs and is only allowed so many carbs per day.
1 serving of this salad is around 1 carb. which is much better than "Real Potato Salad".
I just wanted to say that whatever you add to your potato salad, can be added to this recipe. I have added Hard Boiled Eggs, chopped Dill Pickles, whatever you like!
I just made this recipe, but I doubled it. I used 2 heads of cauliflower. I added 1 red onion, 1/2 bell pepper, and some flat leaf parsely. If I had added pickles, I might have used some chopped fresh dill .
What is fun about Potato salad, and "Faux Potato Salad" is that you can add whatever is in the refrigerator, and needs to be used! It can be a bit different each time you make it! Thank You for posting this recipe! I lost mine over the years, and I think Mom will like this. She usually eats boiled mushy Cauliflower with Heart Smart margerine........... ugh!
Tasty! I just finished it and I'm betting it will taste better once it's really cold. I left out the sugar substitute - Thanks for posting.
I love cauliflower and this is pretty good if you are dieting :> I had left overs and made them into cauliflower pancakes which were different.