Recipe by Kyle Bessemer
The inspiration for this came from a bananas foster ice cream topping, the goal was to make a topping which tastes like apple pie and it does!
- 2 granny smith apples (Peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons butter (yogurt butter is fine)
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Melt butter in pot.
- 2. Add apples to pot and cook over low-medium heat for 7-8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients to pot and cook for an additional 7-8 minutes over low-medium heat or until apples are tender, stirring frequently.
- 4. Serve warm over ice cream with walnuts and enjoy!