When I visited Amish country in Penn. I fell in love with the Fried Chicken they made. Here is one of their recipes. Very tasty!
- Mix the beaten egg and milk together.
- Dip chicken parts in liquid.
- Stir together the salt,pepper and cracker crumbs.
- Dip chicken in dry mixture, using a spoon to cover well.
- Melt butter in a heavy cast iron skillet.
- Brown chicken well on both sides.
- Remove from stove top and place into the oven, cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for an aditional 30 minutes.