When I visited Amish country in Penn. I fell in love with the Fried Chicken they made. Here is one of their recipes. Very tasty!
- Mix the beaten egg and milk together.
- Dip chicken parts in liquid.
- Stir together the salt,pepper and cracker crumbs.
- Dip chicken in dry mixture, using a spoon to cover well.
- Melt butter in a heavy cast iron skillet.
- Brown chicken well on both sides.
- Remove from stove top and place into the oven, cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for an aditional 30 minutes.
This is one of the best fried, baked chicken recipes that I have tried on this food site. Thank you so much for sharing this quick and easy to make recipe. The chicken was perfection, cooked beautifully, tender, moist and oh so flavorful. I used drumsticks and thighs this time, can't wait to try this with breasts also. For the cracker crumb I used the garlic ritz. Made exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. Kudos on making it into Favorites of 2014 Cookbook. Made for Best of 2013 Tag Game.
Looked and tasted just like Fried Chicken! Used Perdue bone-in skin-on chicken thighs, which fit into my 5-quart deep frying skillet snugly. I followed Baby Kato's lead and made crumbs from 18 Garlic-Butter Ritz crackers. Will definitely make these again and again! Made for Best of 2013 tag game, based on LifeIsGood's recommendation.
Good chicken and quiet easy. It was very moist and the cooking time was spot on for bone-in thighs. If I make it again, I'll add a bit more seasoning to the crumbs. This would be great with thyme and some garlic.