1/1 Photo of A&w Whistle Dog
Sue's Kitchen's Note:
I worked at A&W in the Montreal area during my college years and, by far, these were the best "non-steamie" hot dog around! Easy to make and so tasty. In the '70s we used Canadian back bacon - nowadays, they use regular bacon - both taste great. Ohhhhh, the memories :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1cook bacon until crisp/tender and set aside.
- 2split the hot dogs lengthwise but not all the way through.
- 3butterfly the hotdogs on a lightly buttered pan or griddle.
- 4cook on medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- 5flip the hotdogs over.
- 6fold cheese slices in half on the diagonal and put on top of the hotdogs.
- 7add the bacon on top of the cheese.
- 8cook until cheese melts slightly.
- 9lightly butter the hotdog buns and add to the pan; lightly toast both sides.
- 10remove buns and add relish, top with the hotdogs.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A&w Whistle Dog
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.4
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.4 mg
- Sodium 1088.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 13.8 g