Recipe by KristenErinM
adapted from veggie life. this is wonderful - and healthy!
Top Review by SNDevotee
I'm giving this recipe a 5/5 b/c i've made at least over 25 healthy pizza doughs & this version has been the best. I used the whole wheat, whole buckwheat, whole soy, and wheat gluten flours at the ratios recommended and substituted brown sugar for the honey. The dough came out excellent in terms of strength, elasticity and roll-ability. I usually use a rolling pin to roll out the dough before pre-baking in an oven. The crust was delicious and light and a better flavor/taste than whole wheat alone. I plan to experiment with more oil to make the dough more foccacia like. I love that this dough is a good source of protein as the soy and buckwheat are both excellent sources of quality protein.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup soy flour
- 4 teaspoons gluten
Directions See How It's Made
- dissolve honey and yeast in warm water, let sit for about 7 minutes.
- stir in salt, flours, and gluten.
- knead for 5 minute place dough in bowl sprayed with cooking spray. cover and let rise 45 minutes. punch down and divide in half. roll out and place on 2 12 inch pizza pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- preheat oven to 450 degrees and bake for 5 minutes. remove from oven and put on selected toppings. i use roasted veggies. bake for 15 minutes. mmmmm!