Sweet Cardamom Smoothie
This was so good! I had to take a spatula to the blender to get the last drop! I think maybe the cardamom brings out the sweetness of the other ingredients
- Ready In:
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, chopped, and boiled (reserve the boiling water)
- 1 banana, ripe
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 cup water (from the boiling sweet potato)
- Prepare the sweet potato and put it and its boiling-water in the refrigerator to cool. (If you don't have time for this, use tap water and some crushed ice to cool down the smoothie.).
- Put everything in the blender and puree.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Surprisingly good. I would've never thought a sweet potato and cardamom would make a good smoothie. I made some slight changes in the recipe: I used one large sweet potato, 2 small bananas and 2 large granny smith apples and I added the juice of 1 lemon. I left it thick like an applesauce consistency but you could add more of the sweetpotato water if you want a real smoothie texture. Would make great baby food and I think the recipe would still work very well without the cardamom, if you don't like this spice.Reply