"kelly's Chinese Cabbage Salad"
photo by Sharon123
- Ready In:
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles, crunched up into tiny pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning, packet save rest, set aside
- 0.75 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix (can use whole bag if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning, packet save last of it for another use
- In frying pan, melt butter. Add ¼ teaspoons seasoning and noodles. Saute 2 minutes, stirring. Set aside on paper towel. In lg. bowl, combine coleslaw mix, kernels, green onions and red bell pepper. Toss, cover and refrigerate.
30 minutes to 1 hour before serving make dressing:
- In small bowl, whisk rest of ingredients (except noodles) well til syrupy. Pour over salad, stir well, and refrigerate. Just before serving, stir in noodles.
- *Sub or add toasted slivered or chopped almonds in place of or in addition to sunflower kernels.
- **For a complete "One-Dish" lunch or meal, stir in 2-3 cups cooked, diced chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! Former caterer and restaurant owner taking life slower now and just enjoying photographing my food creations and blogging them! Pop on over to my blog to see over 800 of my recipes at Wildflour's Cottage Kitchen @ wildflourskitchen.com !