- Ready In:
- 24hrs 25mins
- 3 cups fresh orange juice
- 3 cups canned unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 3⁄4 cup grenadine
- 1 ripe pineapple, pared, cored, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups rum (golden or dark)
- The night before serving, mix the orange, pineapple, lemon and lime juices with the sugar and grenadine to dissolve the sugar.
- Place half of the chopped pineapple cubes in a 6-cup round ring mold or fluted tube cake pan.
- Pour in about 5 cups of the punch.
- Freeze until the punch is solid, at least overnight.
- Separately cover the remaining punch and pineapple cubes and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, stir together the remaining punch, pineapple cubes and the rum.
- Pour into a punch bowl.
- Dip the outside of the ring mold in a large bowl of warm water until the frozen punch ring loosens from the mold, about 10 seconds.
- Unmold the ice ring into the punch and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Our family moved to Florida from New York in the 90's, so I've brought not only many of the recipes my family has passed down, but have learned to cook some great Southern dishes as well.? When I found RZ, it opened up a whole new world of cooking -- cuisine from different countries, tried-and-true family hand-me-down recipes, and some interesting and delicious dishes I would never have found on my own.