Peanut Butter Salad Dressing
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- to taste light canola oil
- You will need 1 used-up peanut butter jar - DO NOT RINSE - be sure to leave a little around the sides for flavor. Place all ingredients in jar and then fill with oil almost to the top.
- Replace the lid and shake until no peanut butter clings to the sides of the jar.
- Use left-over tea (any kind, even ordinary pekoe), or fruit juice such as lemonade, limeade or orange juice in place of some or all of the oil.
- To suit my family's tastes I add more fresh ginger, garlic and pepper than called for.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Just finished a peanut butter jar so I had to try this. It is quite easy to put together. I used an 18 oz jar and 1 cup of oil. I did shake it for quite a while but there is still some peanut butter on the jar. DH really enjoyed this while I thought it was okay. It does seem to have an Asian flare to it. I wasn't sure what should be substituted for in the fat free version.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I LOVE to cook and eat and read cookbooks. My kitchen really does overfloweth with them and of course this has quickly become my favorite cooking site! I live with my husband in a small town in eastern Connecticut. We are both retired. My children are all grown and have families of their own now. Our 3 grandchildren and 1 great-granddaughter all live in Florida and it goes without saying that we miss them very much, so when my husband retired last year we celebrated by buying a small RV! We so enjoyed driving it to Florida to spend the holidays with the little ones. Although COVID has prevented us from repeating the trip this year, I am enjoying learning new recipes to make in our RV for next year. I think the Instant Pot and the Crock Pot will be my new best friends while traveling!