Orange Pine Nut Chicken (Oamc)
Light and simple, this recipe is well suited for company or just a cozy dinner for the family. Can be doubled or tripled for OAMC cooking. From the book Don't Panic, Dinner's in the Freezer.
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Mix all ingredients except chicken together in a medium bowl.
- Place chicken breasts in a freezer bag, and pour marinade over chicken.
- Thaw completely in refrigerator (about 24 hrs).
- Remove chicken from freezer bag, reserving marinade.
- Grill chicken over medium heat, until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- While chicken is grilling, toast pine nuts on a cookie sheet in 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
- In a small saucepan, combine the reserved marinade and 1 T honey. Bring to a full boil and continue boiling or 2 minutes.
- Place grilled chicken on serving platter and pour sauce over chicken. Top with toasted pine nuts to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Oh yummy, this was another five star recipe. I think you could easy serve this up to guests, it's quite classy. We loved the orange flavour the zest makes all the difference, DH said it had zing and the pine nuts on top were very nice. I used chicken thighs as I think they have more flavour and don't dry out so much, but if I was having it at a dinner party I would use chicken brests. Once again I have found your recipes very good. Thank's for posting. Made for PAC Spring 2010.Reply