Oh My Cod!
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 20 ounces cod fish fillets (4 pieces defrosted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 bulb roasted garlic, removed from skin and mashed
- 4 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- Rub oil all over fillets.
- Place in greased baking dish.
- Combine, thyme, parsley, paprika, lemon zest, salt, pepper, olive oil, brown sugar and garlic.
- Place mixture on top of fillets.
- Sprinkle panko over cod.
- Leave at room temperature while the oven preheats to 450 degrees.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cod flakes easily when tested with a fork. Or until until the fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Serve with lemon wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this recently and thought it was very good and simple to boot. I bought my roasted garlic from the olive bar at the grocery store and it was not as soft as when I make it at home. Therefore, next time I will put it in a food processor to mix it together better. I used a touch less panko than called for. Great flavor, could use a wee bit of liquid for my taste, so next time I'll add a tablespoon of white wine in the bottom of the pan. Tasty, I'll make it again! Thank you for posting.