Miss Yum Yum Sauce
This is the recipe for, sometimes called shrimp or white sauce, we call it Miss Yum Yum sauce (we like the movie Grand Torino and Clint Eastwood calls a pretty girl Miss Yum Yum). It's the best! * DO NOT use ketchup, ONLY tomato paste, it's key to the consistency. * DO NOT eat until it has refrigerated overnight and it has been brought to room temperature before you serve, it will NOT taste the same. *Hellmann's (Best Foods) brand, is also key to this recipe, DO NOT try substituting with light or other brands, it will NOT taste taste the same. Some of our family absolutely hates Mayonnaise by itself, but this recipe is the exception!
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 5mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard (optional)
- 1. Mix all ingredients together with a wire whisk until blended thoroughly, the sauce should be smooth.
- 2. Refrigerate overnight, this allows the flavors to blend.
- 3. Bring to room temperature before serving.