I "hate" Mayonnaise Tuna Fish Sandwich
photo by strawberrypie
- Ready In:
- Drain tuna.
- Toast 2-4 slices twelve grain bread (2 if you want a BIG sandwich, 4 if you want to share).
- Butter toast.
- Mix tuna with olive oil (I admit - I just pour so measurements are "guesstimated") and 1/2 teaspoon (again - I just give a few shakes) of lemon pepper salt.
- If you like you may make mixture in advance or overnight to allow the flavors to blend (just remember to refrigerate if you make in advance).
- At this point if you like chopped celery or whatever you normally add to your tuna sandwich - go for it -- Hey you can use this as a base idea and go from here - I won't take offense if you "tweak" the recipe.
- (Note: You might be asking, "Why not just buy tuna packed in oil?" - Cuz adding olive oil is healthier and more flavorful and plus YOU determine how much oil goes in).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an Eastcoast gal through and through. Happily married with one child,I work part time at a craft store though I've worked as a Dept. Mgr in a Department store for many years and in management prior: of retail fashion (mall work). Don't have a favorite cookbook (who needs cookbooks when ya got the web) but I'm a TV Foodnetwork junkie!!!!When I can find time I love to cook and craft,and I'm a gemstone junkie also (hubby worked the Fine Jewelry counter when I met him-major plus(lol)) BIGGEST pet peeve??? Poor phone manners!!! Argh-gonna have that one put on my tombstone!!!