Herb-Crusted Prime Rib of Beef
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 45mins
- Place beef, fat-side up, in a lightly oiled, shallow roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, stir Dijon with oil, thyme, pepper, rosemary and salt.
- Spread mixture evenly over fat and sides of meat.
- Coat ends lightly.
- Do no coat bottom.
- Let stand uncovered until meat comes to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Roast beef, uncovered in center of oven until meat thermometer inserted in centre of meat reads 135F (57C) for medium rare, about 20 minutes per pound.
- It is best to start checking temperature of meat after it has roasted for 1 3/4 hours.
- Remove to a cutting board and cover loosely with a tent of foil.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook and so I am thrilled that I found recipezaar. I work as an educational assistant in a food school so I am around food all day long. I have four children, three of which have already flown the coop so to speak but I still have my 'baby' at home. (He's 21). I am lucky in that I have my summers off so I spend a lot of time trying new recipes and catching up on my reading. I also play soccer in a ladies league to stay in shape.