Easy Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce
photo by BriarCraft
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- In a saucepan, combine the dry ingredients. Include the cornstarch if you want a sauce to add to your stir-fry or if you want a basting sauce. For a marinade, leave out the cornstarch.
- Add soy sauce, water, and vinegar.
- Stir or whisk until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Set the saucepan on medium heat and bring to a boil. For a marinade, let cool and pour over meat. For stir-fry or basting, boil for one minute or until thickened.
- If using as a marinade, place meat in a shallow container and pour the sauce over all. Cover and refrigerate, turning meat occasionally. Marinate prawns for no more than 30 minutes, chicken or beef 4-8 hours.
- Unused sauce can be stored indefinitely in the refrigerator. Discard any leftover marinade, as the meat juices in it will spoil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Member since 2003, when it was RecipeZaar.