Easy Lemon Souffle
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 fluid ounces water
- 1 lemon, grated rind of and juice of
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 8 fluid ounces heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Beat the egg yolks at medium speed in an electric mixer until thick and lemon colored.
- Combine the yolks, gelatin, sugar, salt and water in a saucepan, stirring well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture begins to boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in the lemon rind and juice; cool.
- Beat the egg whites (at room temperature) until foamy; gradually add 1/3 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites and whipped cream into yolk mixture.
- Spoon into a 1-quart dish; cover and chill.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION