Diner's Wine "Mojito"
This cocktail was created to represent the Diners, Winers, and Chives team for ZWT #8. It represents our team because it is fresh, trendy, sweet, spicy, and also health conscious. Yes, I said it. It's got fresh fruit, fresh herbs, raw honey, and fresh ginger. Do the research. And we stick together and don't do anything without Chives.
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 slice fresh lemon (thin)
- 1 slice fresh lime (thin)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 dash Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 8 ounces dry white wine or 8 ounces dry red wine
- chives, for garnish
- fresh basil, for garnish (you'll enjoy the aroma as you sip this through a straw)
- In the bottom of a tall glass, muddle the basil, lemon, lime, grated ginger, 5-spice powder, and honey.
- Fill glass with ice cubes; pour in wine.
- Garnish with fresh or dried chives and fresh basil sprig.
- Enjoy with a pretty colored straw.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a lovely sangria type drink. You could taste all the different elements of this drink; the honey really brings the spices and herbs to the fore front. Served chilled in a tall glass for a much needed treat at the end of a very long weekend. I used California Big House Red wine, which is full of fruit flavors, used lime juice in place of lime slice, I was out of fresh limes, did use two slices of lemon, wild flower honey, fresh ginger, fresh thai basil and I ground my own chinese five spice powder to make this tasty cockail. Thanks for sharing your creation threeovens . Made for The Fearless Red Dragons - Beverage Dart Board - Team Drink Challenge - ZWT - 8Reply