Crock Pot Marinara Sauce
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 5mins
- 2 (28 ounce) cans Italian-style crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 12 cups whole wheat spaghetti
- Mix all ingredients in a 3 1/2 to 6 quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hour or high 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve over spaghetti.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have always enjoyed cooking and looking for recipes. I have to admit though, until I joined Weight Watchers four years ago I never did much cooking. Since then it has became vital to do my own cooking and I find I am really good at it. I really enjoy trying new ingredients like Quinoa, Millet, Porktenderloin, hoisin sauce, beans, Textured Vegetable Protein among many other new ingredients. My family has started thinking I am a little weird with all the unusual ingredients I have in my pantry. My passions are my 3 nephews, Matthew, Lucas and Charles and my 8 parrots, Guy, Pete, Toby, Daisy, Zeke, Ernie, Max and Lu. They keep me positive when life takes a nose dive.