Creamy Vanilla Frosting/Icing
- Ready In:
9 inch cake
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons whipping cream
- Cream butter in a standing mixer for about 5 minutes or until fluffy.
- Keeping the mixer on, add the vanilla.
- Add the powdered sugar, a little at a time until fully incorporated. With about half of the sugar in, add 2 tbls. of whipping cream.
- Pour in the rest of the powdered sugar and then the remaining 2 tbls. of whipping cream. Continue mixing until you get a nice, fluffy, creamy consistency.
- Add any other flavorings or color and store in the refrigerator until it's ready to be spread. Can be made ahead of time. Double recipe for two 9 inch cakes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
the reason i give this 2 stars is because i think i may have accidnetly added in a litte more vanilla, either that or 2 teaspoons if way to much because it tasted very strong. some of my friends loved it and said it tasted liek vanilla ice cream. others where not so fond of it. i recomend that if you make it and store it int he fridge you let it sit out for 30-45 min before frosting because it hardens in the fridge and wont frost very well.after sitting out for a bit though it frosted marvously.