Award Winning Guacamole
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 2 Hass avocadoes
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup plum tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons serrano chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse salt (to taste)
- Cut avocados in half and remove pits.
- Scoop the avocado into a bowl and coarsely mash.
- Add the onions, tomatoes, Serrano chili, lime juice, and salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Press plastic wrap down tightly on top of the guacamole until ready to serve to prevent the avocado from turning brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow! This is so yummy. I needed some guacamole for recipe #375957. DH and I normally don't eat it cuz we find it has no flavor...but this is packed full of it. We loved the serrano and cilantro in this recipe cuz it added a nice touch of heat and the flavor we enjoy. Thanks for posting this. It will be our chosen guacamole dish in the future. :)
A super-duper quac this is, too! I love the use of *white* onion here. The contrast of green avocado, white onion, and green chilies, and plum tomatoes makes this as visually appealing as when you keep downing one for bite. I cut back on the onion to 1/4 cup, and used one whole serrano chili. My avocados were small, thus I felt the need to cut back a bit, but other then that just delightful. Fresh cilantro is a must here, and truly not "hot" at all, just a nice kick. Will use this often, and I am glad we found this recipe! Great, Slatts! Made for *SSC Pet Parade* July 2008.
I saw that my ZWT5 Teammate, MuffinGoddess liked this, so I decided to try it. :) Well, I did have four avocados that were perfectly ripe, too! I'm really glad I did, too, because this is a wonderful guacamole! All of the elements I love are there - serranos, juicy ripe plum tomatoes, lime juice, and I used a super sweet onion. Oh, and I did put in a minced garlic clove, for good measure. Fantastic! Made for ZWT5, for Las Mistico Magico Sirenas!
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY