Stumped for dinner? Get our life-saving Dinner Daily newsletter. You (and your stomach) can thank us later!
Chef to my coworkers
I was about 10 or so when I realized how much I loved cooking and baking. (Baking more so than cooking.) I think one of the first recipes I ever made that got a huge response from my family was Cream Puffs from the Betty Crocker cookbook my mom still has to this day. I realized then the power of feeding people wonderful, homemade dishes. There's a certain sense of pride, joy, and responsibility in the act of nourishing people. I think it's one of the gifts I was given, and the joy I experienced at age 10 has not diminished since. People often ask why I don't become a professional chef, but I don't want my joy to become my job. Cooking for friends and family is enough. My public name comes from the fact that I started making goodies for people's birthdays, holidays, and no special occasion at all here at the office and now not a week goes by when someone doesn't ask, Done any baking lately? Recipezaar has been a tremendous resource for me and I credit good recipes for 90% of my success in the kitchen. The other 10% (in my opinion) is good execution of the recipe and a true love of cooking.