Zuri-Gschnatzlets - Diced Veal With Mushrooms and Cream
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs tender boneless veal, diced small
- seasoned flour
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onions or 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 175F and warm some plates and a serving dish.
- Dust the meat in seasoned flour and shake off any excess flour in a colander.
- Heat half the butter and oil in a large, heavy frying pan and sear the meat briefly in several batches until lightly golden, turning once. Do not overcook.
- Lift the meat out with a slotted spoon as it is ready and put on the serving dish in the oven to keep warm.
- Melt the remaining butter and oil in the pan and soften the onion or shallot gently without allowing it to brown.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, sprinkle with lemon juice, season to taste, cover and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, raise the heat and cook till the juices have evaporated.
- Add the wine and cook until reduced almost completely.
- Stir in the stock and cream and simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
- Check the seasoning, correcting if necessary.
- At the last minute, return the meat briefly to the pan and allow it to heat through gently in the sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello fellow cooks-I am on OBGYN doctor and I am new to this website. . I love RecipeZaar since there are so many, easy, delicious, tested recipes. Between myself and my boyfriend, we have 5 children so there is always someone hungry-the family is so happy about the new, freshly cooked foods that have been gracing our table as of late. Gardening- here in south florida we have lots of tropical fruit trees - is another hobby that I enjoy. We love scuba diving too. Recently, I did a tandem parachute jump.