Zuppa Toscana from Olive Garden
photo by Autumn C.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large diced onion, white
- 4 tablespoons bacon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 10 cups water
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 sliced potatoes, Russet works well
- 1⁄4 bunch kale
- Remove sausage from casings if applicable. Sauté Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
- In the same pan, sauté bacon, onions and garlic for approxiamtly 15 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Mix together the chicken bouillon and water, then add it to the onions, bacon and garlic. Cook until boiling.
- Add potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
- Add heavy cream and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in the sausage.
- Add kale just before serving. Delicious!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great recipe! It was a major hit with the family! It really does taste just like Olive Garden's soup! I love how easy it was to make too! Will definitely be making this over and over again! I also didn't use heavy cream since it's so expensive. I did the substitute of 3/4 cup milk 1/3 cup butter. It turned out great! Thanks for sharing!
We were at Olive Garden a few days ago. My husband and I both had seconds on the Zuppa Toscana! I got home and searched for the recipe, finding a few on Pinterest! Yesterday I made it!<br/>I noticed the inclusion of red pepper flakes which surprised me because neither my husband or I like "hot" food. I decided to cut the amount in half because you can always add more. But hey...it nearly ruined the entire batch. It was so much too spicy for both of us, I had to add two cups more of the cream, which naturally diluted it some. Next time I'll just add a pinch of the flakes, to accomplish the same mildness we enjoyed at OG.