Zucchini, Sausage, and Feta Casserole
Trying to use up that late summer crop of zucchini? This is a hit for patio get-togethers.
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked ziti pasta
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups thinly sliced zucchini (1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Remove casings from sausage. Heat oil in larege skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage to pan, stirring to crumble; cooked until browned. Remove sausage from pan, reserving small amount of fat in bottom of skillet. Drain sausage on paper towel. Add zucchini, onion, garlic, and salt and pepper. Saute 8-10 minutes until vegetables are tender and zucchini is beginning to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk broth and flour together in small bowl. Add broth mixture to skillet, cook 1 minute. Combine zucchini mixture, pasta, sausage,and feta cheese in a large bowl; toss well. Spoon into a buttered 11x7" baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with mozarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this and it was very good. I did use more chicken broth and added some red pepper flakes. I also used Feta cheese with tomato & basil. I got herbs out of my garden and through those in also... I will make this again....You can use a lot of different things in this to make it your own...Reply
see 2 more