- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3 cups zucchini, cubed (Italian squash or courgette)
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas or 1 cup fresh peas
- 3 pinches cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- Saute onions, red pepper, garlic, and celery in a few T of water, veggie broth or balsamic vinegar for a few minutes, until tender.
- Add tumeric, ginger, cumin and zucchini. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, peas and cayenne pepper and cook until zucchini is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Can be a main dish on its own or serve over pasta or rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
AND that is the end of this. If the phone doesn't ring? It's me. If you are looking to ask me a question? I'm not here. I won't answer. I do not assure you that the ingredients, amounts or even the directions in any recipe under my two accounts are correct due to the bad directional pointer in the database that is causing problems with the amounts or ingredients. I will also NOT assure you they are correct when the site claims they are fixed. Use at your own risk. They will be correct on my site. End of story. Sigh.. OK IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR JESSIE'S KEY LIME PIE? Google the name. It's all over the net. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not. - Eric Hoffer And no I didn't let the door hit me on the ... on the way to my site at <A HREF="http://chef.philocrates.tripod.com">Philocrate's recipes </A> where at least I can take responsibilty for mistakes in recipes.