Zucchini Peanut Butter Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup grated unpeeled zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream margarine, peanut butter and sugars.
- Add in egg and vanilla; stir to combine. Stir in zucchini.
- Add dry ingredients; stir to combine.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill dough for at least 2 hours.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375Â° oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I think the problem some others were having were the mixing directons, which I submitted a change, The original directions seemed oddly written and in a straange order. Made these yesterday and thought they were great! Can't even tell there's zucchimi in them! Nice soft cookie..a nice change of pace from the normal peanut butter cookie! Will definetly make these again!
These are good, despite my best efforts to goof them up! I discovered too late that I was out of peanuts, so I added some extra PB to provide the flavor. I also forgot to add the baking soda (duh!) so they stayed smallish. The flavor is great, though, and I am THRILLED to have a new fun recipe for squash. Thanks for posting!