- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Grate zucchini; add salt and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Wring out zucchini and save juice.
- Saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add flour; blend and cook 2 minutes.
- Add reserved juice and thicken; add zucchini.
- Thin with light cream.
- Season to taste.
- Add 1/3 cup Swiss cheese; turn into buttered shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup Swiss cheese over zucchini; top with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live near Rochester NY with my husband and our 18-year-old cat, Fluffy. It's actually Fluffy's house, but he allows us to live here as long as we pamper him and feed him generously. Our daughter, Kree, whom some of you know from Zaar, is also living with us again while she begins a new business venture in real estate. She's the one who got me hooked on Zaar and taught me to try new recipes rather than stay in the cooking rut I was in. In my free time I like to take long rides or sit by the water, both of which I find very relaxing. I also like to do counted cross-stitch and read. I dabble in photography, always looking for that elusive 'perfect' shot. I did more cooking before I started working full-time, and plan to again when I retire (still years away, but dreaming).