- Ready In:
- In a shallow bowl, combine 3/4 cup of cheese, eggs, 2 tablespoons flour, parsley, salt, pepper, garlic and milk; whisk or beat until smooth; cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut zucchini in half cross-wise, then into lengthwise slices about 1/4 inch thick; lightly dust each piece with flour.
- Heat about 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a wide frying pan over medium heat; using a fork, dip each zucchini slice into cheese mixture, thickly coating both sides; place in pan, a few pieces at a time, and cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain briefly on paper towels, then transfer to a serving plate and keep warm until all are cooked (add additional oil to pan as needed).
- Sprinkle to taste with additional cheese and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent flavour!!! My hubby says, "Now these are real zucchini sticks" I guess I'll be keeping this recipe. :) I've made it about 8 times already for various family members and everyone wants the recipe. I initially found the batter didn't stick, but I made sure that there wasn't excess batter on them before frying and it seemed to make a difference, also don't forget the light dusting of flour before the batter. It's a little messy to make but definitely worth it. Thanks for posting.
Very delicious! I loved the parmesan and garlic in the batter. I had a little problem getting the coating to stay on while frying, but I don't think I had the oil hot enough. I very rarely fry, so I am quite inept at it. But even with my inadequacies, we really enjoyed this zucchini. :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!