photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup shredded zucchini (about one small zucchini)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot (about 1 small carrot)
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray the muffin tins.
- Whisk the first six ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix eggs, oil and sugar in a medium bowl. Whisk for 30 seconds to dissolve sugar. Stir the shredded zucchini and carrot.
- Stir egg mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir in sunflower seeds. Divide batter into the muffin tins about 1/4 cup each.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes or until crowned and lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These turned out really delicious, but I did have to make some changes. Firstly, there isn't nearly enough liquid in this recipe to make a batter, so you will have to add some to make this work. A previous reviewer used milk, which I think would work well. I used a scant cup of prune juice and I also omitted the sugar and used 1/4 cup of agave nectar; I think maple syrup would be tasty as well. Finally, I substituted the egg with r#104832. Thanks for posting!