Zucchini Bread With Golden Raisins
photo by Darkhunter
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate zucchini- set aside.
- Cream sugar and oil together. Add eggs, zucchini and vanilla, mixing well.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add raisins and nuts.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well (but dont overmix).
- Pour into two greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tests done.
- Let stand 10 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool.
- To freeze: Let bread cool completely. Wrap tightly with multiple layers of plastic wrap. Freeze. When ready to eat, take out of the freezer and remove plastic wrap. Thaw on counter and enjoy- tastes like you just got it out of the oven!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've made this bread a lot over the last few years. It is a huge crowd pleaser. People aren't sure what kind it is when they first take a taste because it's better than other zucchini bread they've had before. My grandmother and aunt are always thrilled with a loaf tucked into their Christmas gifts.
I don't know if I made this correctly or not. The 2 loaves I got did not rise very high. However, the taste was scrumptious! I think I could have gotten 1 large loaf using the 9x5 pan, and a smaller one using my smaller loaf pan. This smelled wonderful, and gave the house that "welcome" ambiance. Will definitely make this again. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Munchkin Mama. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> <br /><br /><br /><a href="http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/?action=view?t=tish1.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/tish1.jpg" border="0" alt="Recipezaar Challenge 2008" /></a></p>