photo by Tinkerbell
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained reserve juice for glaze (optional)
- 2 cups zucchini
- 3 1⁄3 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup reserved pineapple juice
- In a medium bowl, combine the oil and sugar. Beat hard with a whisk until light colored and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the eggs and the vanilla extract and beat again until well combined.
- Fold in the grated zucchini and the crushed pineapple and stir until evenly distributed.
- Combine the unbleached flour,baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add to the zucchini egg mixture and stir gently till combine.
- Scrape the batter into two 9-by-5-inch greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 60 to 75 minutes. A cake tester inserted into each center will come out clean.let stand 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pineapple glaze: Combine the sugar and pineapple juice in a small saucepan place over low heat just until the sugar dissolves.
- .Set aside. Immediately brush over warm loaves.
- Cool 30 minutes in pan before turning out to wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe makes for a tasty, moist bread. I added walnuts and about double cinnamon (no nutmeg on hand) because I love the flavor/spicyness. The pineapple gives nice texture...you wouldn't know it's in it. I made 1 loaf and 11 large muffins from the recipe. I would use the recipe again with the changes I made - may try adding some coconut.
Hands down, the best zucchini bread we've ever had! Your addition of pineapple is pure genius! The bread is super moist and the glaze was TDF good. I didn't have crushed pineapple so I diced pineapple chunks as small as possible & we actually liked seeing little bits of the fruit in the final product. We'll most definitely make this again! My only suggestion would be to add a baking temperature to the instructions. I baked it at 350Â° for 60 minutes & it was perfect. :) Thanks so much for sharing this delicious recipe with us, Wolf It Down!