Zucchini and Tuna Quesadillas
This is from the issue of June 2006 of Coup de Pouce. Something that looks yummy and quite simple.
- Ready In:
- 4 pesto garlic tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper pesto
- 2 (85 g) tuna, drained (the flavour requested is Dill & Lemon, but any other flavour is fine)
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 6 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- salt and pepper
- Brush each side of tortilla with a little bit of oil.
- In a large skillet, put one tortilla, oiled side down.
- Spread half pesto and one can of tuna on the tortilla.
- Sprinkle with half the zucchini and cover with 3 slices of cheese.
- Add salt and pepper, if wanted.
- Cover with another tortilla, oiled side up.
- Heat at medium heat 4 to 6 minutes pressing with a spatula from time to time (flip at mid-cooking).
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Do the same with the remaining ingredients.
- When ready to serve, cut each quesadilla in 6 wedges.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Some lively flavors going on between the pepper jack and red pepper pesto - a really delicious lunch or snack. I used Recipe#245260 for the pesto and leftover cooked zucchini instead of grated. I used regular flour tortillas since I didn't have the pesto garlic type. Something totally different if you're having quesadilla burn-out!Reply
see 2 more