- 3⁄4 lb extra lean beef, ground
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced (6oz.)
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 1⁄2 cups whole tomatoes, chopped and drained with 1/ 2 cup juice reserved (28-oz. can)
- 1 3⁄4 cups tomato sauce (15-oz. can)
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix (1 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 6 cups ziti pasta, uncooked (16 oz.)
- to taste parmesan cheese, Grated
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, stir together meat, mushrooms, green pepper, basil, oregano and garlic powder. Cook, covered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes with reserved juice, tomato sauce, onion soup mix and sugar.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, or until meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Toss hot pasta and one-half sauce; spoon remaining sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Makes 12 servings (1 cup each)
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!