Zippy Zonya Mexi Seasoning Mix
photo by alligirl
- Ready In:
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Store for up to 1 month in a self-sealing plastic bag or covered container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was really good, Kate. I did add about 1/2 tsp. of cornstarch to the mix, for thickening purposes. I also used white pepper and the cayenne. I used 2 tbsp. of the mix, with about 1 1/4 lb. of ground sirloin (and about 1/2 c. of water); the taste was spicy (not too spicy) and just right for us. Thanks for sharing ;-).
I never use taco seasoning packets from the store because they're too expensive and I can't control the ingredients. This is one of many seasoning mixes I've tried on 'Zaar, and I wasn't disappointed at all! It was very good - you could really taste the cumin. I didn't use the cumin seed, but did use the cayenne pepper for some heat. Also, I doubled the dried onion flakes (personal preference for all things oniony). Made great taco meat for my taco salad. Made for Photo Tag.