Zippy Peppered Cranberry Relish
photo by YaYa1689
- Ready In:
4 Cups +
- 2 (12 ounce) bags fresh cranberries
- 1 cup fresh lime juice, and all the zest from all the limes. (zest first it is easier)
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 bunches cilantro
- 3 fresh jalapenos, minced seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cracked black pepper, use large table grind size
- Regular powdery pepper makes it really hot and too peppery.
- **Do not attempt to crack or grind the pepper yourself**.
- Combine all of the above in a food processor and pulse until it is the consistency of chunky salsa (probably will have to be done in 2 batches).
- Blend together in a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight or for 2 nights.
- If you serve too soon it will be way too peppery.
- Serve chilled.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The best I could bring myself to do regarding the 3 jalapenos ingredient was to substitute one poblano pepper for them! And, I also cut the cracked black pepper back to less than 1/8 of a cup, & still I had A GREAT TASTING RELISH! It's a keeper of a recipe, & maybe one of these days I'll make it as written & let others tell me how great the intended version is! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game]