- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 lb beef chuck blade roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 2 carrots, halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 ounces mostaccioli
- In large skillet, brown meat in hot shortening.
- Add undrained tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, salt, paprika, chili powder, and pepper.
- Cover; cook over low heat 30 minutes.
- Stir in water and uncooked mostaccioli.
- Bring to boiling.
- Turn into a 2-qt. casserole.
- Bake, covered, at 350 till mostaccioli and meat are tender, 40 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello! I am in Nebraska with three of my four children and a husband of 20 yrs.(the fourth child is in the Army stationed at Fort Bragg) I get to be a stay home mom and LOVE it.(which gives me time to look for new recipes...LOL) We like to camp, play sports,watching movies and lots more. I have a fairly large collection of recipe books, but then you can't ever have enough...right? I came across this site(recipezaar) and instantly fell in love with it. I am sooooo glad I found it.<img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg alt= /> <img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/CameraLesschef-STICKER.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/Copyoftag300-banner.jpg border=0 alt=Susie's Banner for Newest Zaar Tag /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/NZT-2-AnnaciasZaarTagbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Annacia's banner for Zaar Tag /></p>